Chemicals For Water Treatment
The Flox® product range is the result of the investment of Grove® in environmentally correct, efficient and cost-effective alternatives to water treatments, in response to the increasing concern of industries with the issue of sustainability.
Flox® coagulants consist of cationic organic polymers with low molecular weight, produced from tannins extracted from the bark of the tree. These products are totally biodegradable and suitable for the treatment of wastewater, industrial process water and drinking water.
Our exclusive products are mainly used in the primary physicochemical treatment, in direct substitution of conventional synthetic organic and inorganic coagulants which typically contain polyamines, and Al3+ and Fe3+ salts, respectively. These
compounds subsist in the sludge as waste substances that may create restrictions and difficulties in their discharge, deposition in landfill site or agricultural soil, and negatively interfere in the posterior biological treatment. Flox® products are quickly and totally digested in biological treatment and compatible with most of the compounds used in water treatment.
Flox® products act by neutralization and destabilization of electric charges, and produce compact fuzzes with lower water content. This characteristic leads to the production of a lower sludge volume. The process does not consume alkalinity, therefore does not alter the pH of the water under treatment.
Flox® products are distributed in liquid form at a 25% m/m
concentration, and supplied in 1000 L refillable plastic containers (IBCs) or in high volumes for cistern storage. The products may also be distributed in the form of powder.
Grofloc comprises a range of specialized products for the use in several stages of waste water, drinking water treatment and sludge dehydration.
This range is composed by nearly 80 references of flocculants, decolourising agents, antifoam agents, supporting agents for secondary retention agents, among others.
Grofloc products are developed sedimentation, according to the specific needs of our clients with the
purpose of adapting the offer to each application.
By introducing these treatment supporting agents in its product range, Grove becomes now the single middleman with the final customer in the water treatment field, representing a logistic and operational gain.
Grofloc product range is extremely dynamic and the number and diversity of references tends to increase in response to the different demands of our clients.
Advantages of Flox® use
Natural Ecological Coagulants
Use of the Flox ® natural coagulants has several main advantages that combine into an environmentally correct and economically efficient water treatment and respond to the general concern about environment and sustainability:
1. Natural eco-products derived from plants and renewable sources, contributing to a sustainable and economical water treatment;
3. Non-toxic and non-corrosive eco-products, thus contributing to a longer useful life of equipment and to the security of operators; not classified under the UN register of hazardous products;
5. Contribution to the efficiency of the posterior biological treatment, due to the absence of any kind of inhibitor agent (e.g. organic salts), while contributing with organic material for the growth of micro fauna;
2. Flox® coagulants decrease the volume of sludge and do not alter the pH of the water under treatment, comparatively to conventional products based on metallic salts.
4. Application on a large pH range (4 to 9), without alteration of the effluents pH. Therefore, these products considerably reduce the use of acidic and alkali agents resulting in huge savings in these products and their logistics and increasing the operating security;
6. The effluents conductivity remains unchanged; this is particularly important in cases followed by osmosis processes, and in cases of closed circuit waters.